Slow DSS solver

Slow DSS solver

Deleted user的头像

Hello everone!

I have two questions about DSS solver.
1. Why is the first use of dss_reorder( ) VERY SLOW? For a matrix 1300x1300 with only 5000nnz I had to stop my program because it hunged (even for a matrix of size 7 it takes about a second or two to reorder) Is this normal, or I am doing some kind of a mistake....

2. What could possibly be a couse of an error "MKL-DSS-DSS-Error, An unclassifiable error occured"? I get it while using several time the routine for solving which is almost identical to an example program in dss_sym. It always crashes on reordering routine and it occures in unpredictable moments. This happens during solving the same system in each routine call.

Thank you in advance for any answer

Peter

3 帖子 / 0 new
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项
Community Admin的头像

Peter,

First of all, thanks for trying out DSS.

It is difficult to diagnose this issue with the information given. DSS should be fast and should reorder that matrix efficiently.

I would suggest reporting this to Intel Premier support with a suitable example.

Bruce

basel的头像

Hi Peter

The DSS solver is based on PARDISO and I am one of the authors. Do you haveany dense rows or columns in the sparse systems. This might be a problem in theMKL Pardiso Version.

I am interested in the problem. Could you please send me the system?

Olaf Schenk
CS Department
University of Basel
Switzerland

登陆并发表评论。