6.6a upgrade

6.6a upgrade

Just wanted to let folks know that they should upgrade to CVF 6.6a, expecially if they have been frustrated with long compile times. Since I have previously critized the CVF compiler in this area in this forum, I wanted to applaud CVF developers for a significant upgrade in terms of code development for my code.

After upgrading, it now takes me 1.25 minutes to compile my 11,000 line code versus > 5 minutes with CVF 6.6 using debug options w/o bounds checking on. With bounds checking on, it takes 4.75 mintues, and with full optimizations it takes 6.5 minutes oin a 1.4 GHz Athlon machine. All of these are significantly faster than V6.6 and kudos to the CVF developers for focusing on what I consider to be the only real drawback to using CVF FORTRAN versus other compilers like Lahey and Salford.

The 1.25 minutes for compilation is getting back into the workable realm for code development and maintenance. Here's hoping that they will continue improving the compilation times under the debug options in the future, particularly with array bounds checking turned on. CVF users will then have the "best of all worlds". Thanks CVF,

Tom

5 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

You're welcome! While high performance often requires significant compilation resources, we do occasionally determine code paths that can benefit from simple algorithm changes for certain kinds of programs. All we ask is that you send us a sample and we'll be glad to take a look.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Just look on our web site - http://www.compaq.com/fortran - the 6.6A update is mentioned on the home page, or click on Downloads and Updates on any page.

Note that 6.6A may be applied only if you are already at 6.6.

Steve

Hello, I upgraded my compiler from 6.6 to 6.6A and had a problem. I'm working on a console app. that used dialog boxes. The program seems to work well with Ver 6.6 except I can't disenable a edit box I want to. When I tried to compile and run the same code under 6.6a I got the following run time error "Debug Assertion Failed ....File dbgheap.c ..... _CrtsValidHeapPointer(pUserData) ..."

The symptom suggests a coding error in your application that is corrupting a data structure or is specifying an invalid handle to a Win32 call. That the behavior changed in 6.6A suggests you have an uninitialized variable, or other error.

Steve

发表评论

登录添加评论。还不是成员?立即加入