Merging multiple profiles for coverage assessment.

Merging multiple profiles for coverage assessment.

In order to prove that my test cases really exercise the majority of lines in a program element, I need to merge /LV (Line coverage) profiles. I've not been able to decipher the User Guide documentation on doing this - it is singularly lacking in practical examples and lacks detail on many of the options that have only cryptic explanations.

If someone out there has solved this problem, I'd appreciate a description of the approach used.

Thanks

2 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

Found the answer to my problem in MSDN Library for Visual Studio 6.0 by first searching for profiler and within that for merge. The article example translates to a batch file for three test cases as:

PREP /LV %1
PROFILE %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 ...
PREP /M %1
PREP /M %1
PREP /M %1
PLIST %1

For more or less test cases, just adjust the number of "PREP /M", "PROFILE" pairs.

Hope this helps someone else.

Steve Lionel

I'm starting a paper about using the profiler for in-house use and would like to send it to CVF News, if you think it would be of value to the user community. Let me know and I'll start through the "mother, may I" publication authorization loop. If you're not the person to ask, please redirect me.

John

登陆并发表评论。