Regarding challenge categories...

Regarding challenge categories...

Alogical的头像
I noticed the winner of the Best Life Improvement app category had not entered the contest in that category but instead chose "Other" for their entry. Does this mean if we choose "other" as the category for our entries they are eligible to win in all categories? This is a bit confusing to me, why even have us select a category for our entries if that's the case? Choosing a specific category would seem to apparently limit your chance of winning while "Other" seems to be an entry for all categories? If you look at the list of entries you'll notice many people have entered the same application multiple times so that they were entered into each category that they fit into. How exactly does the choice of category affect our entries, or does it affect them at all?
3 帖子 / 0 new
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项
DG Rooven (Intel)的头像

Hi Alogical,

Thank you for your feedback.
I will pass this information to the back-end team to get some clarification on this?
One I get a response, I will post it here.

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program

Regards, DG Rooven
DG Rooven (Intel)的头像

Hi Alogical,

Below is the response I received from back-end team:

"
All entries are eligible for every category. Whether an ISV/developer enters their app in 4 separate times under a ‘category’ or defines their app as ‘other’ – will still receive equal treatment. For example – the winner of Best Life Improvement most likely will not be applicable to win “Best Media Magnate” as it just doesn’t fit the category even though the developer assigned the app as “other” . The purpose to have “other” as an option is to allow an ISV/developer to represent their application another way other than the way Intel defined their contest categories. There is no preferential treatment. Whether an ISV/developer chooses a category specific or Other – still is considered for that category. We carefully look at all entries and select the one via a panel of judges based on the criteria defined in the challenge official rules.
"

Regards
Rooven

Intel AppUp(SM) Center
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program

Regards, DG Rooven

登陆并发表评论。