AppUp application submission via Appup APPLICATION vs the current WEB SUBMISSION procedure

AppUp application submission via Appup APPLICATION vs the current WEB SUBMISSION procedure

We would like to know when/if Intel is working on a submission application for AppUp apps. The web form submission is not cutting it in todays world. I would not like to elaborate. An application to perform the submission, freely downloadable from the AppUp store, would be the right solution that could also show case the viablility of the applications that AppStore hosts for real world use. If Intle are not doing this, it would be a great idea to subcontract somene to build it (we will consider doing it) Thanks
8 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

Thank you for your feedback. We will take this into consideration.

Hello frugalic,

why you think a downloadable application for app submission is necessary?

I don't think that:
although I've submitted more than 20 apps to AppUp now, submission is not something done every day, so I don't have a problem with the online submission form.

The only worse thing about the current online submission form:
it is quite slow. Although that got better since the start of the AppUp developer program, it is still not very enjoyable to work with. The same applies for this forum here, too, by the way.

As Intel CPUs are normally not so bad, maybe Intel could think about using few more of them for processing AppUp requests. ;-)

Best regards
Andreas

>why you think a downloadable application for app submission is necessary?

hm..why do you think this ENTIRE AppUp effort is necessary since we have web browsers on netbooks that provide all the same fucntionality?
The answer is exactly same.

>I don't have a problem with the online submission form.

Why would anyone buy applications from AppUp. Most people do not have a problem with using BROWSERSon netbooks too. why dont we all use browsers and forget applications on netbooks?

>The only worse thing about the current online submission form: it is quite slow.

oh really? what a bummer. Intel building appUp for people to build application to claim apps are so much nicer and Intel itself being STUCK in
web forms in browsers...what a duality of common sense. Finally, this really shows how much intel tself embraced this AppUp technology for its own use. The stayed in the web form age - ths would be OK if it was not that the Gateway Error on their network has become the symptom of 90% of submission of forms to Intel, at least by me. I got better way to spend time then resubmit forms over and over. This is not a big deal though
however it is not rocket science to build an application that does all that. The worst thing about AppUp is how little traffic it has. This is what is just
the worst thing about all that is going on.

My humble 0.02 cents.

Hello frugalic,

why you think a downloadable application for app submission is necessary?

hm..why do you think this ENTIRE AppUp effort is necessary since we have web browsers on netbooks that provide all the same fucntionality?
The answer is exactly same.

I don't have a problem with the online submission form.

Why would anyone buy applications from AppUp. Most people do not have a problem with using BROWSERSon netbooks too. why dont we all use browsers and forget applications on netbooks?

Sorry, but these are completely different things:
of course, everybody can download their apps directly from the internet instead of using AppUp. But here we're talking about users that don't know much about computers and how they find the right apps in the internet. For these users Intel provides a platform with AppUp where they can easily download and safely buy apps. That's the reason why they use AppUp.

But here we talk about us as developers (because no user has to submit a new app), and at least I have no problems using a webform when it works correctly.

As you already mentioned there were some problems/bugs in the past in the submission process, but at least my latest submissions worked without any problems. The only thing remains as I wrote is that the whole developer site is still a little bit slow - better than at the beginning, but I think Intel should still improve the performance. Because you can work with it now, but it is not so much fun yet. ;-)

Best regards
Andreas

>But here we talk about us as developers (because no user has to submit a new app), and at least I have no problems using a webform when it works >correctly.

talk about QUALITY of ENGINEERING.

>For these users Intel provides a platform with AppUp where they can easily download and safely buy apps.

EASILY? I thik it is easier to donwload an app off the internet than get an app from AppUp. To set up account on app up one needs CROSS browser to AppUp JUMPING. AppUp cannot TAKE IN INTAKE FORM to register a user, it OPENS A WEB FORM IN A BROWSER to do that. Browser web forms in AppUp are all over the place not only for developers. have you tried to PAY for an app if you did not have an account? Will AppUp take your credit card inside AppUp? NO. A web browser will open to let you REGISTER AND there you put credit card. I do not want to get into more on it all...

I just recnetly saw Acer netbooks with AppUp installed, next to it FREE ACER GAMES FREE ACER this and that, total load of BLOATWARWE.
If anyone gets such netbook, I bet first step is to UNINSTALL all JUNK. This is where you have the AppUp success in numbers of apps sold...
Intel should do some work on proper positioning of the store like Apple did spectacularly.

Hello frugalic,

For these users Intel provides a platform with AppUp where they can easily download and safely buy apps.

EASILY? I thik it is easier to donwload an app off the internet than get an app from AppUp. To set up account on app up one needs CROSS browser to AppUp JUMPING. AppUp cannot TAKE IN INTAKE FORM to register a user, it OPENS A WEB FORM IN A BROWSER to do that. Browser web forms in AppUp are all over the place not only for developers. have you tried to PAY for an app if you did not have an account? Will AppUp take your credit card inside AppUp? NO. A web browser will open to let you REGISTER AND there you put credit card. I do not want to get into more on it all...

Yes, you're right:
for a user everything possible should be done directly within the client. That is much better than confusing the user with an additionally opened webbrowser. Intel indeed should think about this suggestion. So here I totally agree with you.

But this was not the topic of your forum post:
And I still think it is not necessary to have an additional upload tool for developers to submit their apps.

Best regards
Andreas

Yes, you're right: for a user everything possible should be done directly within the client. That is much better than confusing the user with an additionally opened webbrowser. Intel indeed should think about this suggestion. So here I totally agree with you.

this is 101 of design. It does show Intel is a HARDWARE comapny with LITTLE experience in software. This type of stuff is survivable only for one time DRIVERS installation. This is the scope of Intel experience in software I think.

I still think it is not necessary to have an additional upload tool for developers to submit their apps.

yeah, when they can run servers that accept those form submit POST request not like there were running on a DSL connection in someone's private basement.

登陆并发表评论。