Crash Reporting

Crash Reporting

Hi there, I am trying to setup the crash reporting as detailed here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/intel-appup-software-development-kit-api-reference-dotnet-technology On crashing an xml file is succesfully generate and am I correct in assuming that in a live situation that these details will be available to view from my dashboard? However, my main problem is that I want to be able to also display a message box to the user explaining that a crash has happened etc, but I can't seem to get it to work. Here's my code: AdpApplication app; try { app = new AdpApplication(AdpConstants.ADP_DEBUG_APPLICATIONID); app.SetCrashReport(new CrashReport()); } Then I have the following: try { using (MainGame game = new MainGame()) { game.Run(); } } catch (AdpException e) { MessageBox.Show("CRASH"); System.Environment.Exit(1); } In a situation where I change the above to the following the message box shows (crash xml is not generated however), but does not in the above code: try { using (MainGame game = new MainGame()) { game.Run(); } } catch (Exception e) { MessageBox.Show("CRASH"); System.Environment.Exit(1); } Am I doing anything wrong? Any help would be greatfully received. Mark
5 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

Hello Mark,

I also thought about using this crash reporting, but then I decided to better use my own system of crash reporting:
if my product fails (throws an unhandled exception), the user may sent a crash report directly to me now. That works fine and does not involve additional AppUp API calls.

Best regards
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Yeah, I think I might just go with your approach and write my own custom handler, as not being able to fully test and get all the desired funtionality that I require from the AppUp API is a bit of a pain.

Thanks for your advice.

Mark

Hello Mark,

yes, exactly:
at least I did not see an advantage of using the AppUp API for crash reporting than just using my own error reporting system.

Best regards
Andreas

Thanks again for your advice Andreas,

I have managed to put together a simple error system, which is included in our game which is now being validated.

Mark

登陆并发表评论。