App in validation status

App in validation status

I submitted an app minutes before the deadline and it's still in validation process in the AppUp program, is there any problem with it for the contest? And, in the submit form of the contest there were 3 options: Netbook (Windows), Tablet or Meego (netbook and tablet). My app is for Meego Netbooks -although the UI is designed to use it with touch screens also, but I hadn't time to test on tablets- and I selected the third option because there wasn't a category for Meego netbooks. Is that ok?
3 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项
Andreas Breitschopp的头像

Hello,

I submitted an app minutes before the deadline and it's still in validation process in the AppUp program, is there any problem with it for the contest?

The FAQ says:

Does the app have to be validated to be considered for judging?
Yes. Since we are looking at the user experience of the app downloaded from the store on the device, our judges download apps directly from the Intel AppUp Center in order to judge applications. For your app to be considered, the application needs to pass validation and be available for our judges to download in the Intel AppUp(SM) Center.

So your app needs to be validated to be considered for the contest. Therefore you always should publish the app early enough that it is validated till the contest deadline.

And, in the submit form of the contest there were 3 options: Netbook (Windows), Tablet or Meego (netbook and tablet). My app is for Meego Netbooks -although the UI is designed to use it with touch screens also, but I hadn't time to test on tablets- and I selected the third option because there wasn't a category for Meego netbooks. Is that ok?

I guess they'll test it on both device types:
if it works on both (although you didn't tested it) it's fine otherwise it fails.

Best regards
Andreas

Thanks for the reply. I had taken a quick look to the rules and I hadn't seen anything but I didn't look the FAQ in the rush.

For the tablets, it should work even better than in a netbook because of the UI - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I4k6VkUt1Y , in netbooks the best way it can be controlled is scrolling with the trackpad which gives a similar feeling to a tablet but unfortunately some netbooks don't support horizontal scrolling with the trackpad- but when I submitted it to the AppUp program I selected Meego netbooks only, but I'm not sure yet how AppUp works and if all the apps are available for netbooks and tablets.

登陆并发表评论。