Fortran and C++ compiler license for scientific software

Fortran and C++ compiler license for scientific software

Hi, have a question regarding the licensing of Fortran compiler and C++ compiler.

I am working for a research centre working in the field of nuclear. For certain applications, we use codes developed outside our institute in LANL. If we obtain the codes source code (distribution is through OECD/NEA or RSICC), the recommended Fortran and C++ compilers are from Intel. If we want to compile and use them, is it OK to use the non-commercial license, although the results provided by the code may some time be commercial?

As i understood from the definition of non-commercial use is limited only to software development, which we DO NOT DO: "

Non-commercial software development means you are not paid and/or compensated in any form, by anyone, for software development using the Intel® Software Development Products under the terms of the non-commercial license.

If you meet the above requirements for non-commercial software development, the products below are available under the non-commercial license for your use.  Please select a product to initiate the download process.  Also, please read the product’s end user license agreement, including the “NONCOMMERCIAL-USE LICENSE” section, upon installation of the product."

Could you please give some statement? If needed, I could provide some more specification.

Thanks

Michal

6 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

Hi Michal,
I am checking with Legal on this just to make sure and will get back to you soon. Appreciate your patience.
Regards,
Kittur

Hi Michal,
Pardon the delay. I am still awaiting a response and will let you know ASAP.
Regards,
Kittur

HI Michal,
OK, I got the response from legal as follows:

"If you are receiving any form of compensation (for example a salary from the research center, etc), then the answer is no - it is not OK to use our products under a non-commercial license"

Hope the above answers your question. Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Regards,
Kittur

Hi Kittur,
Thank you for the answer. One more question: Is there any minimalistic suite, that would provide the Intel C++ Compiler and Intel Fortran Compiler only?
Thank you.
Michal

Hi Michal,
Yes, the "Intel(R) Composer XE 2013 product that contains the Intel® C++, Fortran Compilers and Libraries.
For detailed information, you can check out the link at: http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-sdp-home for the various products you might be interested.
Regards,
Kittur

发表评论

登录添加评论。还不是成员?立即加入