tbb_config file

tbb_config file

Petros Mamales的头像

Hi,

I am using the new tbb release within vs2010 and using icl 12.1. All builds are 64bit  (win7).

I am trying to use the scalable_allocator construct method. I assume that because variadic templates are supported in icl 12.1,

I will be able to use the overloaded version of the function that forwrds arguments (variadic argument list).

However, the compiler does not "pick up". I was hoping that this would be activated:

#if __TBB_CPP11_VARIADIC_TEMPLATES_PRESENT && __TBB_CPP11_RVALUE_REF_PRESENT
    template<typename... Args>
    void construct(pointer p, Args&&... args)
 #if __TBB_CPP11_STD_FORWARD_BROKEN
        { ::new((void *)p) T((args)...); }
 #else
        { ::new((void *)p) T(std::forward<Args>(args)...); }
 #endif

Am I looking at the right thing ? My understanding is that this is functionally equivalent to new _T( args...) . Am I wrong ?

(In this case, however, I do have a question on how it is possible to change the pointer when no indirection to it is provided in the argument list ).

Looking a bit more within the definition of __TBB_CPP11_VARIADIC_TEMPLATES_PRESENT and __TBB_CPP11_RVALUE_REF_PRESENT

In the section I belive to be relevant for my setup, I read :

#if __INTEL_COMPILER
    /** On Windows environment when using Intel C++ compiler with Visual Studio 2010*,
        the C++0x features supported by Visual C++ 2010 are enabled by default
        TODO: find a way to get know if c++0x mode is specified in command line on windows **/
    #define __TBB_CPP11_VARIADIC_TEMPLATES_PRESENT    __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ && __VARIADIC_TEMPLATES

Variadic templates however, are not supported on the ms compiler that ships with vs2010 (version 1600).

Please, note that the macro __INTEL_COMPILER is well defined (the rest of the options come in the form of elif's and therefore are not touched ).

I assume that the macro __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ is not applicable to me ( gcc?) and the && just shortcuts any attempt to define

__VARIADIC_TEMPLATES by hand (btw, was not able to locate where this thing is defined, if not by the user ).

Can you please provide with a hint of how to bypass this issue and more generally issues of the same nature i.e. the config file not picking up the icl Cxx0x features ? (present in the previous tbb release as well, which prompted me to download the latest one).

Thank you in advance for your help,

Petros

9 帖子 / 0 new
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项
Petros Mamales的头像

Update:

It looks like it is compiling w/out errors ( flag C++0x was not active, apologies ).

Still dont understand any of my questions though and would greatly appreciate some insight.

Thank you,

P-

Petros Mamales的头像

Update:

It seems that the questions I asked do require some answer in the end, since I mistakenly thought that things were OK ( usual template

compilation issue). Apologies (again ;) )

Hence,

Unless I manually overwrite all the tbb include files ( actually not include them, but include  a proxy to them where I define things by hand)

the icl 12.1 variadic templates and rvalue references are not picked up ! Also I see that you explicitely determine that the std::forward is broken. Is it really so for the icl 12.1 ? (could not get to an answer on the web),

Petros Mamales的头像

Can someone please respond on what is the proper way to employ c++0x features with tbb in windows using icl ?

Is this broken ?

TIA,

Petros

Anton Potapov (Intel)的头像

Petros,
thanks for reporting it. Definitely deserve investigation. Will let you know the results.

Anton Potapov (Intel)的头像

Petros,

as a temporary workaround you can try modify tbb_config.h to look like this : (all the changes in the last line)

#if __INTEL_COMPILER
    /** On Windows environment when using Intel C++ compiler with Visual Studio 2010*,
        the C++0x features supported by Visual C++ 2010 are enabled by default
        TODO: find a way to get know if c++0x mode is specified in command line on windows **/
    #define __TBB_CPP11_VARIADIC_TEMPLATES_PRESENT    ( __VARIADIC_TEMPLATES && (__GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ || _MSC_VER) )

As well, please note that you have to enable  C++11 mode explicitly (specify /Qstd=c++0x compiler switch) as the variadic templates are not supported by the MSVC2010 and will not be silently turned on by Intel compiler.

Petros Mamales的头像

Very doubtful workaround.

The reason being that, this is in the config workaround, which is included to a number of header files (actually most indirectly through the inclusion of some other file). If this is a trully header-only "library" then things would be  OK. Is it though ?O/wise you will get messages amounting to that the lib file is prior to the included one.

Petros Mamales的头像

Actually since they would belong to separate libs it would probably be OK. Thank you.

Petros Mamales的头像

Anton,

your recommendation from a few months back, found its way to the recent (Jun ) update release of tbb.

However there are some problems with it:

The macro __VARIADIC_TEMPLATES is not defined anywhere in the msvc environment. It does not seem to be defined as an intel compiler macro, as far as I can see ( maybe it is triggered internally by the C++0x flag ? I don't know. However it does not work !!!

It should better be :

#define__TBB_CPP11_VARIADIC_TEMPLATES_PRESENT  (  ( __VARIADIC_TEMPLATES && (__GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ || _MSC_VER) ) ) || (_MSC_VER && __INTEL_COMPILER >=1210 ).

Also, the macro

__TBB_CPP11_STD_FORWARD_BROKEN

is incorrectly set for msvc2010 as in the <utility> (Ln 77 after the clause for C++0x on line 22) it is clearly defined !

Do I miss something?

Thank you for your help,

Petros

登陆并发表评论。