Build Question

Build Question

While I understand that it is going to be tested on Ultrabooks, I should probably ask this question. Since I'm using Unity, would a Web Player build be more desirable than a Windows x86_64 build or should it be optimized for maximum compatibility with Windows 7/8/8.1 including freedom of resolution from 640x480 to however high it can go?

8 帖子 / 0 全新
最新文章
如需更全面地了解编译器优化,请参阅优化注意事项

I would recommend against webplayer, since we're looking for an installed/executing demo, not a webgame.

I would go with a build that ensures compatibility on Windows 8.1, since that's the type of system we're going to test on.  I'll actually be doing a post this week to announce the exact system and specs.

~Mitch

Does that mean that the target resolution will be fixed ? I am asking since the resolution range of ultrabooks starts at 1280x720 and ends at ~3200x1800 (don't recall exact digits here at this moment).

While I have my game running at 1920x1080 just fine, I am a little concerned if some of the judges would get an ultrabook that defaults to that massive ~3200x1800 res...

Vlad,

I'll make sure that we're not trying to do something crazy and make your game run >30fps on a 3200x1800 screen on Intel HD Graphics 4400.  Our graphics are good, but I don't know that they're ~4k display good for gaming...yet :)

~Mitch

Actually, they already are - it just depends on how you abuse the GPU :-)

For example - when I reduce the fillrate consumption (be it by using low-res textures / render targets / depthmaps, or cheaper shaders), I can get to ~60 fps at 1920x1080 on the HD4000. So, I suppose, it should run at 30+ at 3200x1800 (though, you never really know...).

But the game looks better with those effects in lower resolution (mere 1920x1080) than without them.

Completely OT question: Is there any particular reason why the fastest chipsets weren't selected for the compo and only HD4400 will be used ?

Completely OT question: Is there any particular reason why the fastest chipsets weren't selected for the compo and only HD4400 will be used ?

HD Graphics 4400 is the volume runner of graphics parts for our 4th Gen Core Processors in the market today.  If you game delivers a great experience on HD4400, then you will be able to reach the largest possible installed base and you can be pretty certain that you game will deliver an even better experience on the higher end parts.

If we made the design point our Iris Pro graphics (HD5200) you'd be looking at knowing your game runs great on a smaller set of machines in the market and you might not be sure if a mainstream gamer/consumer would be able to have that experience on their machine.  Additionally, I want to ensure that the winners games play well on the volume part for Intel so that we can get them the most exposure possible.

~Mitch

I'm actually kinda thankful that it's going to be tested on an i5 with a 4400 because that's better than my AMD A6 with a 6520G, and if I can keep having 60 on mine, then it'll work perfectly on the i5.

Citazione:

Mitchell Lum (Intel) ha scritto:

HD Graphics 4400 is the volume runner of graphics parts for our 4th Gen Core Processors in the market today.  If you game delivers a great experience on HD4400, then you will be able to reach the largest possible installed base and you can be pretty certain that you game will deliver an even better experience on the higher end parts.

If we made the design point our Iris Pro graphics (HD5200) you'd be looking at knowing your game runs great on a smaller set of machines in the market and you might not be sure if a mainstream gamer/consumer would be able to have that experience on their machine.  Additionally, I want to ensure that the winners games play well on the volume part for Intel so that we can get them the most exposure possible.

~Mitch

Thanks for the explanation. Here's hoping that next year we'll get the Iris Pro ;-)

发表评论

登录添加评论。还不是成员?立即加入