In this section, you'll use the Intel® Distribution for Python* as your Python interpreter.
- From the menu, go to Window > Preferences.
- From the list on the left, select PyDev > Interpreters > Python Interpreter.
- Click Config first in PATH.
- A list of Python interpreters is displayed in the Python Interpreters list. Look for the IDP interpreter, and select it, as shown in the image below. If IDP doesn't appear in the list, refer to the Troubleshooting section for steps.
- Click Apply and Close. If successful, you'll return to your project. Continue to create your Python project.
Problem: I don't see IDP in the interpreters list.
Solution: Follow the steps below to set up IDP.
- If you don't see IDP in the interpreters list, you'll need to add it yourself. Click Browse for python/pypy exe.
- Navigate to and select the interpreter executable for the Intel Distribution for Python. Click OK.
- In the Select Interpreter dialog box, type IDP for your Interpreter Name. Click OK.
- Next, select the folders that you want to add to the system path.
- Once selected, click OK to apply your changes. You should now be able to select IDP from the interpreters list.
- Click Apply and Close to set IDP as your Python interpreter. Afterwards, continue to create your Python project.
Problem: Intel Distribution for Python (IDP) does not provide all the packages I would like to utilize in my application. I want to modify the Python environment that was provided.
Solution: Intel Distribution for Python (IDP) uses conda as the default Python package manager. This is preconfigured with the official Intel and community update channels. When the installation completes, you have to activate your root Intel Python conda virtual environment, as described in the IDP installation notes:https://software.intel.com/en-us/distribution-for-python/documentation/get-started. Failing to do so will break the current installation if you try to modify it. Python packages can be updated from the terminal or through the PyDev configuration tab where you selected the interpreter.