Develop professional-grade media and video applications for digital surveillance, retail, industrial, smart home, video conferencing, and more using the libraries, tools, and samples included in this SDK. Its single API enables hardware acceleration for fast video transcoding, image processing, and media workflows while helping you tap into Intel® Quick Sync Video capabilities.
- Accelerate rich media performance. Speed up video playback, encoding, processing, and media formatting conversion.
- Cut product time to market. Prototype, optimize, and productize your media pipelines with a comprehensive, convenient API.
- Speed transition to new codecs. Use efficient codecs with hardware acceleration to increase speed, compression, and quality across AVC, HEVC, and MPEG-2.
- Debug and customize quickly. Find and solve application bugs, port applications to new operating systems, and add new features using source code for open source Linux*.
What's New in the 2018 R2 Release for Windows*?
- Capabilities to scale the HEVC software encoder across multiple cores for faster, efficient transcoding.
- Enhanced adaptive long-term reference (LTR) compression support for ExtBrcAdaptiveLTR bringing more efficiency for high-quality video while using less bandwidth for online gaming, video conferencing, and similar uses.
- Support for motion compensated temporal filter, which uses motion to improve the efficiency of video denoising, which results in better video quality.
- Enhancements to software and GACC HEVC encoders that improve video quality when using 100-bit color format.
What's New in the 2018 R1 Release for Linux*?
- Features that improve video and image processing and quality for AVC, HEVC, and VP9.
- Support for 8th generation Intel® Core™, Celeron®, and Pentium® processors.
- Includes a validated media stack for building robust solutions.
- Enables full access to hardware-accelerated codecs, Intel Quick Sync Video, and processor graphics to speed up performance.
Who Needs Intel® Media SDK
Developers who need fast video encoding, decoding, processing, media format conversion, and image processing use this SDK for:
- Desktop or mobile video players and editors
- Video conferencing or streaming applications
- Smart camera and network video recorder software
- Content capture and distribution for digital surveillance, industrial, retail, healthcare, and more
- In-vehicle infotainment and instrument cluster firmware
Customer Success Stories