Broader Host and Target OS coverage
Enhanced Eclipse integration & cross-build
New features across all components
New Intel® Architecture platforms
Wider selection of out of the box supported targets including Tizen* IVI, Wind River Linux* and Yocto Project* compatible targets
With Intel® System Studio for Linux* 2014 we are introducing support for Tizen* with focus on In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI). This covers
- Cross-compilation from Windows* and Linux* host.
- Remote performance sampling using automated SSH transfer for performance analysis with the Intel® VTune™ Amplifier for Systems.
- Application debug with GDB and gdbserver.
- System Software Debug using the Intel® JTAG Debugger for Tizen* OS layer debug on Intel® Atom™ Processor E6xx and E3xxx.
Intel® System Studio now supports the latest versions of Yocto Project* including Yocto Project* 1.5. Intel® System Studio is recognized and registered as Yocto Compatible.
Intel® System Studio supports Wind River* Linux* 4 and Wind River* Linux* 5 as development host as well as targeted operating systems
Windows* is now a supported host system
All the Intel® System Studio components are now available on Windows* host for development targeting embedded Linux*
- Intel® C++ Compiler 14.0 for Embedded OS Linux*
- Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives 8.0 Update 1 for Linux*
- Intel® Math Kernel Library 11.1 for Linux* (Intel® 64 only)
- Intel® VTune™ Amplifier 2014 for Systems
- Intel® VTune™ Amplifier Sampling Enabling Product (SEP) 3.10 Update 12
- Intel® Inspector 2014 for Systems
- The GNU* Project Debugger – GDB v7.5 (Provided under GNU General Public License v3)
- Intel® JTAG Debugger 2014 for Linux*
- Intel® JTAG Debugger notification module xdbntf.ko (Provided under GNU General Public License v2)
- SVEN Technology 1.0 (SDK provided under GNU General Public License v2)
The Intel® C++ Compiler specifically supports building Tizen* IVI 2.0 targeted applications as well as Wind River* Linux* targeted application from Windows* host.
The Intel® C++ Compiler can get automatically integrated into an Eclipse* IDE as part of the installation process on Windows* host. SVEN and GDB also support Eclipse* integration on Windows* host.
Automated Eclipse* IDE Integration on Linux* and Windows* hosts during installation
- Linux* hosted installation
- Windows* hosted installation
System-Wide Memory Bandwidth Analysis with VTune® Amplifier™ for Systems
- How to do a system-wide analysis using Intel® VTune™ Amplifier 2014 for Systems
- Intel® VTune™ Amplifier 2014 for Systems known as amplxe-cl now contains the option to specify a remote target.
- Additionally Intel® VTune™ Amplifier for Systems can bow analyze the memory bandwidh on a system.
We will be using the Intel processor, code named Sandy Bridge. The command for profiling your system is as follows:
amplxe-cl –target ssh:root@ip_addr –collect snb-bandwith -d 5 --search-dir bin:p=<local directory containing modules>
This specifies that this will be a remote collection over ssh to the system running at internet address ip_addr.
This specifies that we will be collecting memory bandwidth on an Intel target, code named Sandy Bridge.
This specified the collection will run for 5 seconds.
--search-dir bin:p=<local directory containing modules>
For system-wide collection, a lot of modules running in the system during the collection are copied from the target to the host, which may take a while. However, this only happens once since amplxe-cl caches the target system modules on the host for faster access during the next collection. If you do not want the command to take the modules from the device you can specify a local directory on the host to be searched first as above. See the VTune Amplifier 2014 for Systems help for more information.
Improved cross-build sysroot support and Wind River * Linux*
- Intel® System Studio - Perfect Fit for Wind River* Linux*
- In addition to the compiler environment files for cross-build support using the –platform=<yl13, cepr28, wr43 and wrl50> option, the Intel® C++ Compiler now also allows fully GNU compatible use of the –sysroot<path>= & -gnu-prefix=.<prefix> options.
- This allows the Intel® C++ Compiler to be used as a seamless replacement for the GNU compiler in more complex cross-build environments and also for use in secondary toolchain layer recipes for OpenEMbedded* compatible embedded Linux* OS flavors like Wind River* Linux* and Yocto Project*
- The Intel® C++ Compiler is Yocto Compatible.
Support and optimizations for the latest Intel® Processors
Intel® System Studio for Linux* now comes with optional add-ons and components to support pre-release hardware and the latest software technology under CNDA (non-disclosure agreement). Please contact your Intel application engineer for further details or send an email to IntelSystemStudio@intel.com to request information on how to get access to the latest in Intel technology for your specific target platform.
Intel® Atom™ processor E3xxx and Z3xxx code-named “Bay Trail”
- The Intel® C++ Compiler 14.0 comes with the latest optimizations for this generation of the Intel® Atom™ Processor. Try the option –xATOM_SSE4.2, to see if optimizations for this latest generation of Intel® Atom™ Processor benefit you.
- The Intel® VTune Amplifier 2014 for Systems supports performance and power analysis on the Intel® Atom™ Processor E3xxx and Z3xxx
- The Intel® JTAG Debugger 2014 is available under NDA in a version that supports Intel® Atom™ Processor E3xxx and Z3xxx and other latest generation Intel® Atom™ Processors. Please contact us at IntelSystemStudio@intel.com to find out more.
4th generation Intel® Core™ processor code-named “Haswell”
- The Intel® C++ Compiler 14.0 comes with the latest optimizations for this generation of the Intel® Atom™ Processor. Try the option –xCORE-AVX2, to see if optimizations for this latest generation of Intel® Atom™ Processor benefit you.
- The Intel® VTune Amplifier 2014 for Systems supports performance and power analysis on the 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor code-named “Haswell”
- The Intel® JTAG Debugger 2014 is available under NDA in a version that supports the latest generation Intel® Core™ processors. Please contact us at IntelSystemStudio@intel.com to find out more.