The Developer Hub is a front end interface for the Intel® IoT Gateway. It has 5 main functions:
- Display sensor data and basic Intel® IoT Gateway information on a configurable dashboard
- Access the Node-RED* development environment
- Add repositories, install and upgrade packages
- Administer the Intel® IoT Gateway – update OS, configure network setting
- Access documentation
1. The Sensors page can be used to monitor the sensor data that is being published to the dashboard. By default the gateway is configured to display the value of the rotary angle sensor (knob) attached to the Arduino 101* (branded Genuino 101* outside the U.S.). You can twist the knob to see the values change in the Device and Sensor Information panel on this page.
2. You can collapse the Device and Sensor Information panel along the top of the page to make the other information below easier to see by clicking the arrow at the top of the navigation bar. Click the button again to expand the panel again.
3. The Packages page allows you to manage the various RPM package repositories and installed packages on your gateway. We will use this page later to add the Microsoft Azure* related capabilities to your gateway.
Note: PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL UPDATES AT THIS TIME. While normally you would want to update your devices, in the lab environment this will take too long and negatively impact the available network bandwidth. Please refrain from updating your Intel® IoT Gateway while at an IoT Camp event. You are welcome to perform the updates back on your own network.
4. The Administration page provides easy access to a number of tools. The tools most applicable to this lab are the Quick Tools:
Note: PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL OS UPDATES OR UPGRADE TO PRO AT THIS TIME. While these options may be desirable they will take too long for the time frame of this lab as well as have a negative impact on the available bandwidth at the event. Please refrain from updating your Intel® IoT Gateway while at an IoT Camp event. You are welcome to perform the updates back on your own network.
- Easy access to the Node-RED (link) development environment that has been pre-installed on the Intel® IoT Gateway. We will use this extensively in this lab.
- A way to register your gateway with the Wind River Helix App Cloud. We won't be using this feature as part of this lab.
- Access to the LuCI ( link ) interface to configure administrative settings on your gateway. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE CHANGES USING THIS TOOL.
- The Cloud Commander web console, file manager, and editor.
5. The Documentation page provides a wealth of documentation, community, and source code resources.