Real-Time Monitoring with System Analyzer
- processor utilization and processor frequency
- memory utilization (Linux only)
- network throughput (Linux only)
- GPU utilization and other graphics metrics (with Intel Graphics Driver installed)
- Tools: Intel VTune Amplifier 2019 with the System Analyzer packageThe installation folder of the System Analyzer package on the host is<, whereinstall-dir>/system_analyzer<install-dir>depends on the version of the VTune Amplifier:
If the target system to be profiled has already been profiled by the VTune Amplifier, VTune Amplifier files are in the directory configured from the host VTune Amplifier, for example:/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_(default for the root user) orversion/tmp/vtune_amplifier_(default for a non-root user). The target System Analyzer files are in theversionsystem_analyzer/target/subdirectory.
- VTune Profiler in Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit (Beta):[Program Files]\inteloneapi\vtune\<on Windows* andversion>/opt/intel/inteloneapi/vtune/<on Linux*.version>
- standalone:[Program Files]\IntelSWTools\VTuneon Windows* andProfiler<version>/opt/intel/vtune_on Linux* and Android*.profiler_version
- for the Intel System Studio:[Program Files]\IntelSWTools\system_studio_<on Windows* and one of the following on Linux:version>\VTuneProfiler
- for super-users:/opt/intel/system_studio_version/vtune_profiler
- for ordinary users:$HOME/intel/system_studio_version/vtune_profiler
- on Apple* macOS* systems:/Applications/Intel VTune.Profiler<version>.app
- In all cases, the target system collector files are in thetargetsub-directory and the host GUI is in thehostsub-directory.
Launch System Analyzer
- If your target system is different from the host system, copy the target data collector files to the target system.
- To rungpa_routeron a Linux target system as a non-root user, set/proc/sys/dev/i915/perf_stream_paranoidto 0 with:echo 0 > /proc/sys/dev/i915/perf_stream_paranoid
- Set up the System Analyzer collector on the target system:
Forgpa_routercommand line options, including the syntax for specifying TCP ports to use, entergpa_router --help.
- On the Windows target system, navigate to the System Analyzer collector directory and startgpa_router, optionally specifying the IPv4 address of the host system to run the System Analyzer GUI and allow it to connect to this instance.target> gpa_router.exe --ip-whitelist 10.7.158.142
- On the Linux target system, navigate to the System Analyzer target collector directory and startgpa_router, optionally specifying the IPv4 address of the host system to run the System Analyzer GUI and allow it to connect to this instance:target> ./gpa_router --ip-whitelist 10.0.0.2When the System Analyzer GUI connects to the target system,gpa_routerreports the incoming connection. For example:target> ./gpa_router --ip-whitelist 10.0.0.2 Start listening for new connections from port #27072 New incoming connection established with 10.0.0.2.
- Launch the System Analyzer.For example, on the Windows host system:host> SystemAnalyzer.exeIf thegpa_routerrunning on the target system reports an error "Incoming connection from host <IPv4> was rejected since address is not in ip-whitelist.", restartgpa_routerwith the appropriate host system's IPv4 address specified with the--ip-whitelistoption.
- Specifylocalhostor the target system's name or IPv4 address and click theConnectbutton:
Set Up System View
- After the System Analyzer connects to the target system, select theSystem Viewoption underSystem Profiling:
- In theSystem View, specify the metrics to monitor by using the mouse to drag a metric to the graph display area. Add additional counters by holding the Control (Ctrl) key while dragging them to the graph display area. Add additional timeline graphs by dragging a metric below the bottom timeline graph.For example, configure timeline graphs for CPU utilization and frequency, network I/O, and disk I/O:
Identify Anomalies for Deeper Analysis
Configure VTune Amplifier for Anomaly Detection
Run VTune Amplifier with System Analyzer
amplxe-cl -collect io -knob collect-memory-bandwidth=true -ring-buffer=20 --duration unlimited